Friday, March 12, 2010

Going Old School

I am currently working on a painting, several pieces of jewelry, and a quilt. Lots of projects in the works, but none to show off. Soo, I thought I'd share something from the archives that I don't think very many people have seen. It's just something out of an old 2006-08 sketchbook, but I still like it, so I thought I'd share it with you.


She's never really had a title, other than "Untitled" or something like "Golden Moth," because uh, duh, they're gold colored mothy kind of wings.

The colors don't photograph very well, since I used a sort of metallic red/peach ink and gold paint. But, you get the idea. This next pic is a detail shot- I thought it was really cool how it unintentionally had some art nouveau things going on with the back of her hair (see below):


And finally, details from the wing, which I still really like. You can click on the photo to get a good close up and check out all those details.


Any way, patience my pretties, I will have something else to look at soon enough, maybe art, maybe not. I've got a few new sketches, but just haven't had the chance to photograph them. Any way...

1 comment: