Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lanvin Spring 2010 Styling

As usual, the photos suck, but I'm still pretty happy with how this turned out. While I was in Houston, I just spent my idle time doodling away, and this is one of the products. She's based off an editorial featuring Lanvin's Spring 2010 Beauty. (Lots of smokey eyes, whispy updos, and bleached brows)

I really liked the model- as you can see, she had some really sharp, stunning features, and serious attitude. I'm happy with how this turned out, especially with limited art supplies while I was away lol.



I have a couple ideas for finishing this. I like it as a simple black and white illustration, but I think a few subtle colors might be nice, or just a severe black background-- lots of different directions to take it in. That's usually why I choose to color some of my drawings digitally, because I don't want to be tied down to just ONE result.

7 comments:

  1. I love the strong features too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is beautiful. Way to go with capturing her strong features, just love her eyes and her lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! *and thanks for noticing the lips, I like how they turned out ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! i just found your blog and i ^really like it! i especially like your header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Kat! I hope you'll be sticking around here for more! ^___^

    ReplyDelete